Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jan 20th

Well, as the TV kept saying, it's the start of the "big change", and so it is for Marion Condie. However, he slept much of it away today. The move led to exhaustion, plus perhaps some anxiety last night that led to them giving him a bit of medication last night that added to his sleepiness today. The speech therapist had already been there by 9am when I showed up, but I met the physical therapist who had him sit up in a wheel chair for over a half hour, a very big accomplishment, as there is not head rest or extended back support, so this was a first. His general disinterest in TV led to us not watching a whole day of Inauguration activities, but I did slip some in here and there. This TV does not have the classical music station so perhaps I'll bring a CD player to play his music for Marion. The evaluations are going to move at a slower pace than I had anticipated, I believe, but we are on our way. Thanks for your calls and notes, and of course the prayers of support. Love, Sue
PS Marion has a window and last night he saw the sunset for the first time in 4 weeks while the nurse had me at the station answering questions for her. When I returned to him, there was the last of the sunset, and he was so happy to share it, what a treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment