Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jan 14th

Hello, It was a very quiet day today. I went in to see Marion early today at 8:30am. He had had sedation last night and was still lethargic. When I tell the nurses that it only takes a little for him, it does not seem to always filter to all the shifts. Tonight I spoke to the nurse that had him last night and he actually apologized for not realizing how sensitive Marion is to pain and sedation meds. When I had to leave at 10am for Trauma rounds (10-11am), I went to the post office to try to sort out our mail delivery situation, and home to work on routine "stuff". At noon I lay down for a little nap before going back to the hospital, well, it was 5:45pm when I woke up. Fortunately Karen and Janice visited him this afternoon, but I understand that he was still sleepy and lethargic it seems, altho' he did respond appropriately this morning for the Neurosurgeons PA. The surgery is still on hold while the Hematologist works on the clotting problems. I have been advised to go visit Tahoe Pacific, a sub-acute hospital, a hospital within a hospital, where patients can go who have trachs and feeding tubes, and start on rehab. So the doctors are looking forward to a positive future. A bright note for us, David Couper plans to come up from Pleasanton this weekend.
Please continue with the prayers. Love, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment